Friday, November 09, 2007

One More Essay

My Hometown and Tokyo
By yS
Six months have passed since I came to Bunkyo Gakuin University. I think time is running very fast. I adapted to life in Tokyo. I was thinking Tokyo is a big city and has a lot more people than my hometown, Shizuoka. I still think there are a lot of people in Tokyo. I come to Bunkyo Gakuin University by Shinkansen everyday. It takes an hour and a half. I became accustomed to do it, so I do not think it is so long. First, my hometown is the country. How country there is there are no tall buildings and not so many people. But there are a lot of people who commute to Tokyo from my hometown; accordingly the trains are crowded in every morning. We can see a very big Mt.Fuji and a lot of mountains. This season it is covered with snow ordinarily so I feel Japanese beauty. I think Shizuoka’s and Tokyo’s people are different because Tokyo’s people walk faster than Shizuoka’s people. I think Tokyo’s people are oblivious of their surroundings no matter what may happen. I do not know why, but one thing I can imagine is that maybe they are all busy. There are a lot of people who are from other prefectures in Tokyo. Tokyo is the capital of Japan. For that purpose people who live in Japan gather in Tokyo. However Shizuoka is not the capital and it is not a city, but there are a lot of famous things. One is Japanese green tea. There are many green tea fields and we can drink the freshly harvested one. I think it tastes delicious. The other thing is mandarin. There are always many mandarins in my house. It also tastes good. Sadly Shizuoka’s mandarin production is not No.1 in Japan. Also, Hamamatsu’s eel is famous but I can not eat eel because of its bone. There are a lot of beautiful places in Shizuoka. For example, Shimoda is a famous place to go surfing. I have been surfing once. It is dangerous but I could enjoy it. Atami is very famous and there are many tourists. I do not know why Atami is famous sightseeing place. Finally, Shizuoka is the country, but we can enjoy it

No comments: